Xtreme Ring Straps: Material? What can be used to mark them at various lengths/ regular intervals?

Started by crashnburn, May 28, 2015 · 5 Replies · 3,058 Views

crashnburn

Xtreme Ring Straps: Material? What can be used to mark them at various lengths/ regular intervals?

 

There are several times we / I have to switch between various lengths on the ring straps and at times it becomes an annoyance to ensure

- they are both Equal length

- they are in right length position for a certain exercise (given I am using it inside room with limited space)

 

I think this could help speed up changing lengths/ position of rings between various exercises. 

 

1. What material are they made from? 

(These are Gen 1 Xtreme Rings & Straps)

 

 

2. What are ways that they could be marked at various lengths/ regular intervals? Thoughts & Ideas?

 

- Permanent / Removeable Markers? Some kind of Paint or Pigments? 

White/ Yellow/ Silver.. (Preferably something that sticks but does not damage the FIBRE/ MATERIAL of the straps)

 

- Thread? 

Maybe attached or stitched through in some fashion (not an expert of stihtching etc)

I am guessing this might/ could cause some interference while pulling the straps through the metal? 

Cole Dano

A paint pen is your best choice.

Mats Trane

I use a peace of masking tape.

bigB

colored electrical tape, but this has a tendency to move.

I'm going to try some marks by sewing in colored thread.

crashnburn
Cole Dano said:

A paint pen is your best choice.

Thanks Cole. Is this what you might be referring towards? 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=paint+pen

 

PS: Could you share what material / fibre the straps are made from. I have some cousins in the chemical/ pigment business so I could ask them as to what stuff (available in India) would mark well/ is used for that material. 

 

bigB said:

colored electrical tape, but this has a tendency to move.

I'm going to try some marks by sewing in colored thread.

Yeah I think the tape would interfere.. and/ or move and defeat the purpose.. I'd think paint/ marker etc would be best.. and threads could work if they were tightly adhered and dont come loose and interfere like tape. 

Cole Dano

Yes that type of pen. Of course regular paint and a fine brush would also work.

 

The old straps were made of nylon.