This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 FORM CHECK

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), May 28, 2015 · 2 Replies · 82 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

I'm trying to get the feel for good PPT and scap position... here's my latest effort:

 

 

Tips/comments are appreciated!

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

Cole Dano

- Protract your scaps at the top of the pushup, it's not happening at all in the video. Should look much more like a good plank (sPL PE3)

 

- Hold tight through the core. This is very a very common error, look about the mid point of the set. See how the upper body lifts before the lower body. (This makes it easier for your pecs and triceps, they don't have to lift all the weight at once) Sometimes this is called segmentation, or breaking the body line.

 

- Try to be aware of the moment your body line begins to break, if you aren't able to fix it next rep it's time to stop the set, no matter what the daily programming tells you. This is important at this stage, as otherwise you'll never correct the segmentation. 

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Got it - thanks Cole!

Very helpful.

I thought I was protracting my scaps ☺️☺️☺️... Oh well. Will work on that!

Also, I see what you mean about the loose core... It appears as though the same thing is happening on my sPL/PE3 as well.

Will work on correcting that too.

Cheers,

Cam