If I try to bend forward during the narrow hurdler element of the front split stretch series, I think I am going to fall over.
Did anybody have a similar experience?
Stretch bands?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by JonathanSilverman, May 27, 2015 · 7 Replies · 399 Views
If I try to bend forward during the narrow hurdler element of the front split stretch series, I think I am going to fall over.
Did anybody have a similar experience?
Stretch bands?
Put a stretch block or a pillow under your glutes on the side with the extended leg.That takes away some torque and you shouldn't fall over.
I had a hard time getting into the stretch the first time, too, so I used a stretch block like Andre described for my first 5-6 sessions for both wide and narrow hurdler stretches. It helped me to find balance and stillness in the stretch. I tried last week and found I was able to get into a productive stretch without the block. Be patient and give it a few weeks with elevated glutes.
I was having the same problem as well, but only if the foot of my bent leg would be to the side.. if I keep that foot under my glute, then it's ok. As for the little bit of elevation that could reduce the stretch, then it's just a matter of finding a higher block, or stack blocks.
The foot should be at the side.
Ops... thanks for clarifying that!
I am having the same issue. I realise I must be doing something wrong, or I just lack the mobility, but I cannot get the foot to the side without it being pretty much physically impossible to have any semblance of balance. I just end up tipping to one side as I am so uneven. Is this just a case of "It'll come with time" or could I be doing something really wrong with my technique?
I sit on a yoga block for these.