Hi All!
I read about wall extensions, the mobility exercise proposed by coach Sommer in this topic.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/846-wall-extensions/
I tried it and I found it simply impossible. It is definitely a chimera for me! No chance to place my forearms vertical and in contact with the wall. So I realized that I have a severe lack of mobility that I would like to fix.
I read that a typical regression could be to perform this exercise on the floor.
Here's a pic.
In the top pic , I tried to put my forearms on the floor but that was my best. Very embarassing!!!
While Bringing some 1 kg weights (bottom left pic) I noticed that after about 2 minutes I was able to do place my forearms in contact with the floor.
After 5 minutes (bottom right) I retested with no weights, and I definitely improved my ROM. but we are still too far!
This is a pic of about a month ago, and I've been following the advice to hold this position for at least 5 minutes, in order to be able in future to place my forearms in contact with the floor with no weights. Luckily I see some improves!
Actually I should say that the use of weight is my idea. Moreover, after these 5 minutes of static position, I perform "floor" extension, still using weights.
Could it be reasonable to use weights to allow me to get my forearms on the floor?? I was planning to reduce more and more the weights till I will be able to do that freely. Once I will be able to perform even floor extensions with no weights, I was thinking to be ready to move on the floor.
Could it be a good plan?
Another question: should wall extensions improve my shoulder flexion mobility??
Thanks to all!