This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2-iM Question About Twisting

Started by HB_Ron, May 26, 2015 · 3 Replies · 132 Views

HB_Ron

I haven't recorded any attempts since I uploaded this video(4 months ago) cause the form remained the same. Lately I noticed that some people say you have to minimize the twist and should stay active. Why? Is my form okay? I thought the purpose of this mobility exercise is shoulder abduction and adduction.

https://youtu.be/OdaWONo7JaU?t=1m20s

Thanks in advance !

Cole Dano

Afik, there is no expectation that there be no twisting, but it should be minimised so you feel like you have to work through a stretch over the top.

 

In the video, there is too much twist and the body is too loose and swingy overall.

HB_Ron

So, it's not a matter of shoulder abduction and adduction? Thanks for checking the video, I'll fix this! :)

Btw, where exactly is the stretch supposed to be?(I couldn't understand the statement "over the top")

Cole Dano

When you have your arm up by your ear, then twist just enough so you can bring the weight down with your arm pointing straight back. 

 

If you minimise the twist the arm will want to come out of the medial plane and off to the side. In order to keep it pointing straight back on the way down it will feel like you have to 'stretch' a bit.