I'm keeping a single set of chin hangs in my warm up. My current plan is to increase the time to 120s but was wondering if I should work on one arm chin hang instead?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
RC/PE6 warm up set.
Started by Murray Truelove, May 26, 2015 · 10 Replies · 217 Views
One arm chin hang is MUCH harder, and should probably be left alone until post-rope climb mastery. Huge potential for golfer's elbow.
So should I stick with a single set of 60s or work towards 120s?
Personally, I haven't gone much above 60, as I suspect you get diminishing returns. But as long as you're progressing nicely, no reason not to. Personally I'm doing shorter sets now, ~30 seconds, becouse the volume of the the RC progressions in F3 is growing. No reason to be a warmup hero ![]()
I would stick with 60 sec. It´s warm up.
I'm also doing 30s.
But guys, do you also include hinge rows and rows in your warm up? I'm trying to decide which one to exclude.
Is a single set of 60s really enough maintenance for a 5x60s element?
I thought the warm up protocol was 150%, 100%, 50%?
I'm not complaining but a single set feels like a vacation compared to mastery.
Murray Truelove said:Is a single set of 60s really enough maintenance for a 5x60s element?
I thought the warm up protocol was 150%, 100%, 50%?
I'm not complaining but a single set feels like a vacation compared to mastery.
I'm not positive but I think that when you went through 5 sets of 60 seconds of bent arm chin hang, you built elbow strength. Now you have the elbow strength, now you do one set to keep it alive. That's how I've understood it.
And when you get to higher level of strength, you won't need to do 1 set anymore, because you will have better elbow conditioning warm up elements to do. ![]()
Murray Truelove said:Is a single set of 60s really enough maintenance for a 5x60s element?
I thought the warm up protocol was 150%, 100%, 50%?
I'm not complaining but a single set feels like a vacation compared to mastery.
On its own, no, but you're doing other work afterwards.
So my current RC warm up is:
Chin hang PE6 - 78s (60s in future?)
Elevated row PE4 - 10r
Elevated row PE4 - 10r
Followed by:
L-chin up PE9 5x5r
Is this fine?
Murray Truelove said:So my current RC warm up is:
Chin hang PE6 - 78s (60s in future?)
Elevated row PE4 - 10r
Elevated row PE4 - 10r
Followed by:
L-chin up PE9 5x5r
Is this fine?
Yes ![]()
If you want to work it higher then go ahead, but there's no need to take it over 60s. Obviously your work sets are priority.