Shoulders mobility and dead hangs

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, May 24, 2015 · 6 Replies · 2,054 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

My shoulders mobility is getting better (especially thanks to HS iMs) but the other day I've noticed something. I always do some pronated and supinated dead hangs as part of my warmup. Are you supposed to let your shoulders dislocate when doing this? That usually happens to me so I've tried to keep my shoulders in place (as a visual cue think about trying to "close" the armpits) and it's significantly harder. What is the right way? Is this normal or it's caused by some ROM restrictions?

Thanks :)

chuchodani

To me right way is just allow your scapula to elevate and go as deep as your mobility let you.

Edoardo Cagnola

So should I just let it hang in a completely relaxed fashion, without any worries about the position of my shoulders ?

chuchodani

If you're working on a passive hang, then yes.

Edoardo Cagnola

Gotcha! Thanks for your replies! :)

Alessandro Mainente

If you are not quite advanced on foundations programming especially rope climbing (F4), the dead hangs could be counterproductive on your elbows. you risk to increase the probability of eptrocleitis or epicondilitis.

Edoardo Cagnola

Uh I didn't known that. I'm already taxing my elbow a lot (especially being on RC/PE6) so I'd better stop doing them! Thanks a lot for potentially make me avoid some tendons problems:)