This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FLPE2 Bent rock form check

Started by Steve Goldberg, May 22, 2015 · 5 Replies · 153 Views

Steve Goldberg

So I've been building reps with these but clearly something isn't quite right. As you can see in this video, I gradually slide forward on the mat as the set goes on. What do I need to change?

 

chuchodani

I think you need more PPT, and also eliminate the segmentation of your body, sometimes it looks like if you were kicking with you legs.

Koenraad Van Leemput

I find these quite challenging as well.  I try to focus on really squeezing my belly button towards my pelvis - to try to get my lower back as rounded as possible.    And really try to keep the legs as still as possible.

Marc Nerenberg

I am challenged here as well. I found that during my deload week (technically week 8 but I failed week 6) I was able to feel the rocking motion in my lower back... I could almost feel like I was an egg, just smoothly rocking. Trying to do fewer reps really helped as I was focused on form and not on reps.

I suspect that this is a movement that could be done more often during the week. I do F7 twice a week but I think this one could be done 3 or 4 per week if some of those are shorter sessions focused on just getting the neuromuscular connection down. While FL PE1 is about strength and endurance, the rocks have a heavy coordination aspect to them, and to me, that suggests more practice with lower intensity. Just a thought, and certainly might be wrong.

Steve Goldberg

This set felt better, does it look better?

 

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Steve,

Good work, first of all.  Couple of things I noticed:

 

1. I agree with the others about  PPT and being tight in general. In the first video, your legs are swinging a bit, you can see. Extend your arms (your elbows look slightly bent).

 

2. Look at the model video. I think your legs are at a right angle with your body. In the video, the thigh/abdomen body angle is more, 120o or so.

 

3. Slipping. Happened to me a lot. Change your shirt, your mat (try those thin non-stick yoga ones), your floor!

 

Samin