This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F2 prerequisite question

Started by DouglasMN, May 22, 2015 · 4 Replies · 236 Views

DouglasMN

I was playing around with the first few elements of H2 the other day and they felt pretty good. I think I'm at the point where I could really benefit from some of the additional mobility work in particular, but I've only moved into F3 for a few elements. I was wondering if it was necessary to graduate all 7 elements into F3 in order to begin training.

 

Here's what I'm currently working on:

 

FL:  PE12(F2)

SPL: SE4(F3)

HBP:PE16(F3)

RC:PE9(F2) - this L-version is brutal!

MN:SE5(F3)

SL:PE9(F2)
SLS:SE3(F2)

 

H1: SE4

 

Am I sufficiently prepared to add H2 to my handstand training?

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on the quality of your SE4 and previous hs elements both strength and mobility. how are they?

DouglasMN

SE4 is currently very rocky. I'm still in the process of finding my kickup. I feel strong and stable on the wall, but transitioning out into the open is going to take some time.

 

I come from a swimming background, so my shoulder mobility was pretty good coming in. I've continued to work the early H1 shoulder mobility drills including extensions, flexions, and dislocates per coach's recommendations by increasing weight.

 

I know we need a solid 30s freestanding handstand to begin the SEs in H2, but my pancake needs a lot of work and it looks like there is plenty in the PEs to keep me busy here while I work on getting the free handstand, too, no?

Joshua Slocum

I think you could productively start work on the H2 PE's. Make sure film yourself frequently to train good form!

DouglasMN

Thanks, Josh. I'm just finishing up my deload week, so I'll toss in H2 when I start my next cycle.