This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much is too less/ too much?

Started by katlinchen, May 22, 2015 · 0 Replies · 106 Views

katlinchen

So, I don't know in which forum I should put my question, feel free to move it wherever it should be!

I will try to keep my question short, but still include all important details.

First things first: I am female, 22 years old, about 110lbs and ALMOST  :lol:  5'3''.
I have been doing gymnastics for slightly over a year now, starting from scratch. 

I am a student and working part time. On a regular day (usually 7 days a week, exception is only when I am on holiday), I do about 2 hours of sports. 3 times a week it is gymnastics at open gym, on the other days it is something different like swimming, climbing, whatever. 

Additionally, I do this routine EVERDAY:
Short Warm Up (5mins)

Acro Skills (30mins)

  • 5 standing front handsprings
  • 5 standing front handspring step outs
  • 10 Front Aerials
     
  • 5 back handsprings
  • 5 back handspring step outs
  • 10 back handspring step out layouts
     
  • 5 Cartwheels
  • 10 Aerials
     
  • 10 standing Back Tucks

Handstand Skills (60 mins)
(holding each position for about 3 secs)

  • 20x V-Sit Pike through to Pike Handstand, lower down to V-Sit
  • 10x Straddle L to Straddle Handstand, lower down to Straddle Planche, lower down to Straddle L
  • Some Handstand Holds in Splits and Some Balance Skills
  • 5x5 Pike Compression Training
  • 5x5 Straddle Compression Training

Conditioning (20mins)
Pull-Ups, Chin-Ups. Full and L Leg Lifts, Single Leg Squats,..

Stretching (20mins)
Oversplits, Bridge, Shoulders


My question now is about my handstand practice/compression training. This is definitely the part I enjoy most about gymnastics. Until now, I didn't really have a plan about how I train for it. I just trained everything almost everyday until I was tired of it. I also did a lot of handstand presses with ankle weights, V-Sit with weights etc. I also separated the skills. Like I did Pike throughs first, then started working on V-Sits separately for example.

Now I almost reached all my goals (just a little more compression on the V-Sit and more control) and I tried to make a up a daily routine and combining the skills. But I don't know if it is enough or not! I just want to keep those skills, making them just part of my everyday life.

Should I do more V-Sits? Should I Pike through more often than 20 times a day? Should I add presses with ankle weights? Should I do more straddle presses? V-Sits with ankle weights? Should I do V-Sit pike throughs in a row in P-Bars?

I really hope you can help me!