Tight pec minor during pullups/hangs

Started by Kimura Sweep, May 21, 2015 · 2 Replies · 3,643 Views

Kimura Sweep

Hi guys, title basically says it, when i hang from a bar and retract and depress my scapulae i feel a huge stretch on my pec muscles ( i guess the pec minor). 

 

First id like to ask if this is normal?

 

I know my pec minors are tight, but i stopped bench pressing months ago and basically only do pulling and back exercises, yet still the muscle is so tight.

 

The stretch when hanging would be nice, but it feels a little too agressive so i dont think its benefitting or loosening me up.

 

Any thoughts? Advice?

 

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

I do not think it is normal in fact you were a bench presser.

It is a fact that the shoulders extension (where the little pec is stretched) is the most horrible mobility deficit for weigthlifters  . Coach noticed it and i noticed it bymyself on weightlifters after him.

my suggestion are 

-stretch course

-manna course on foundations.

Kimura Sweep
Alessandro Mainente said:

I do not think it is normal in fact you were a bench presser.

It is a fact that the shoulders extension (where the little pec is stretched) is the most horrible mobility deficit for weigthlifters  . Coach noticed it and i noticed it bymyself on weightlifters after him.

my suggestion are 

-stretch course

-manna course on foundations.

I'll look into it thanks.