Planche help...

Started by Daniel Ribeiro, May 20, 2015 · 9 Replies · 2,471 Views

Daniel Ribeiro

I can do a tuck planche for about 15 secs but as soon as I try to straighten my back i just fall down... And when I do planche leans, I can go much further than it is required for tuck planche. Do I need more core strength??

Alessandro Mainente

Without a video it is impossible to give a reasonable feedback.

Alexander Egebak
Daniel Ribeiro said:

I can do a tuck planche for about 15 secs but as soon as I try to straighten my back i just fall down... And when I do planche leans, I can go much further than it is required for tuck planche. Do I need more core strength??

You should be getting a longer hold time. At least 3 x 30s before extending your hips.

Daniel Ribeiro

I will put a video tomorrow so you can see better.

Alexander, I have a friend who does a perfect straddle planche for 5/6 secs and he only has a 25 secs tuck planche

Alexander Egebak
Daniel Ribeiro said:

I will put a video tomorrow so you can see better.

Alexander, I have a friend who does a perfect straddle planche for 5/6 secs and he only has a 25 secs tuck planche

Some guys just have incredible genetics or perhaps his form is bad.

 

I know this thing sucks to be told, but that is the reality. When people progress on the programs of this website the demands for tuck planche are even harder, and you will hear that from other people than me. People who are used to train athletes for planche.

 

Most people respond better having a solid base of strength.

Daniel Ribeiro

I was tired there but my form is like that /watch?v=it4NuP_pQHo

cHiTu

This is how i learned full planche.

Do you know "N1K"? Do you know "Vladimir Sadkov"?

I saw their first videos and i saw they starded to train planche with not totaly straight arms, so i did the same.

I was training straddle planche when i had 10 secs Tuck Planche.

I was only training straddle planche on parallels bars and after some months ( about 4 or 5 ) i tried a tuck planche, just for fun.

The suprise was i could hold it for 1 minute.

When i had a good straddle planche i started to train full planche with the same method, with no straight arms.

Now i have a 4 secs sodil full planche ( but i can hold it only 3 or 4 times xd ).

Hope i helped you.

Coach Sommer

I disagree.

 

This approach combined with a lack of mobility work is why I suspect so many street workout guys end up with elbow issues and massive tendonitis.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Ribeiro

Chitu, I thought also on that! But their first real planches were in a banana shape and they took a lot of time To do a decent planche. But I am going To try that method To gain the lower back strenght To hold my body.

Coach Sommer, well I am street workout guy, the injuries are Very common on famous guys But I nevver had one

one...

Coach Sommer
Daniel Ribeiro said:

... Coach Sommer, well I am street workout guy, the injuries are Very common on famous guys But I nevver had one

one ...

 

You will.

 

Good luck to you, gentlemen.  There will be no more discussion on this here.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer