This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Why can't i do a supine trap stretch?

Started by JonathanSilverman, May 19, 2015 · 7 Replies · 591 Views

JonathanSilverman

Hi,  I started the thoracic stretch course today.  

 

I was kind of surprised how I failed at getting my knees to touch the ground behind my head.  I could've rolled entirely on my neck,  And I still wouldn't reach. I looked really awkward that's for sure.  

 

Anybody know the technical reason why this was so difficult for me to do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Keilani Gutierrez

tight trapz.

I do these next to a wall, so i can walk down my legs while i work on getting all the way down.

Jon Douglas
Keilani Gutierrez said:

tight trapz.

I do these next to a wall, so i can walk down my legs while i work on getting all the way down.

Good idea :)

Mark Collins

If your sleeping posture is like your profile picture I'm not surprised ;). You also need good lumbar and thoracic flexion to do this exercise.

DonGray

LMAO!!!

DonGray

My hands are pulled off of the floor in this stretch if I put my knees on the floor behind me......does that mean my traps are v.tight?

 

Should I be actively pushing down with my hands?

DonGray

Anyone?

 

.............tumbleweed...........the sound of the wind whistling...........  :)

 

My question is should I be actively pulling my hands down to the floor if they come up - or have I gone too far with my stretch?

Garrick Sevilla

 Gone too far; keep your arms flat on the floor.