This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How sore am I supposed to be the day after?

Started by Jan Nordberg, May 19, 2015 · 3 Replies · 296 Views

Jan Nordberg

I've been doing the three stretch courses weekly since they were released. Love em, they fill me with endorphins and I really wouldn't mind doing them more often.

 

My question is, I feel like I'm basically stretching as hard as I can, quite painfully in some of the stretches...

 

However, every morning when I wake up I feel as good as new. I haven't felt sore at all. Is this a queue that I'm stretching too lightly?

 

I'm feeling a bit more mobile, but I guess it is still a bit early to expect great results after only a few months...

 

 

Stephen Majerle

Soreness can vary from person to person. No matter how hard I stretch I am never sore the next day. However I have become more flexible since Stretch was released. Soreness is not a good indicator of making progress, becoming more flexible over time is.

Joshua Slocum

Soreness isn't always a given. It's not necessarily indicative of progress; not is lack of soreness indicative of a lack of progress. It could just be that your body deals well with stretching. Wait a few weeks and see if you're making any progress. If you are, great, don't worry about it. If not, then try to figure out why.

WrldsGr8testDad

First picture was taken last November, when I was asked the Foundation 1 forum for recommendations for my concrete zombie-ness.

post-10275-0-62785000-1432176867_thumb.j

 

Second picture was taken tonight.  I have done thoracic bridge 6 times, middle split 5 times, and front split 5 times.  I have experienced only very localized -- and very mild -- soreness in groin.  Haven't touched my toes (seated or standing) in almost 30 years.  

 

post-10275-0-55978900-1432176874_thumb.j

 

The lack of soreness is just another added benefit.