This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch ups

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, May 19, 2015 · 3 Replies · 250 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

I've been looking for the right home equipment to perform this exercise (and the following ones). I've seen Murray's couch solution, but I'm afraid I'm too tall to utilize that. I've tried using a substitute of the gb straps (using a ring strap hanging from stall bar) but it didn't work out. Unfortunately I don't have space in front of my stall bars to put a table over there, so I guess my question is: do you guys know other ways to work around this problem? Any sort of input is reaaally appreciated :)

strme

i made mushroom for flares and use it with stallbars for arch ups. 

Sensei JP

I am quite tall myself, but I have used the following setup with good effect.  My bed is on an elevated boxspring, so I put my feet between the mattress and the boxspring.

 

j7fZlrO.jpg

 

I then use an armless office chair as my base and arch up from there.

 

Imi7D9A.jpg

 

My head just scrapes the ground on the bottom of the rep, but that's just extra motivation to keep control and tempo. ;)

 

Before I found this setup, I anchored my feet underneath a tall chair and placed a heavy weight on the chair to keep it stable.  That one did not work as well, but it was doable.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your inputs! :) Sensei I've tried your solution and it seems to work pretty well! Here are a couple of pics, just to make sure that it's actually ok as far as ROM is concerned (FYI I just found a chair that is a few inches higher so it should let me go even deeper)

post-14515-0-33243700-1432116515_thumb.j

post-14515-0-41876100-1432116531_thumb.j