Stretch Series Frequency

Started by zeem11, May 18, 2015 · 5 Replies · 2,349 Views

zeem11

Hello,

 

I am both new to the forums and also to gymnasticbodies!

 

I just purchased and did for the first time the stretch series (middle split) and it says that it should be done once a week.

 

I have two question about this:

 

- can it be done more often? like 3-5 times a week, to get faster/better results?

- can I  do the other courses at the same time, or should I focus on one of the goals at a certain time?

 

Thanks for the advice!

Alessandro Mainente

Beginner should not increase frequency until body adapts to the new stimulus. it could take months to happen.

Mark TOULSON

In one of the follow through videos (I forget which one exactly) Coach Summer pre-empts addresses this question directly saying that we can and should do each series (front split, middle split, bridge) once per week each. 

 

Trying to do them more frequently would reduce the effectiveness and the rate at which you would see results because you'd be too sore!

Giovanni Garcea

You can do the other two stretch courses in parallel. Each one once a week.

zeem11

Thanks for the answers!

 

I'll follow your advice to do each of them once a week.

 

Last question: would you do these preferably on rest days, training days, or after workouts on training days? From my own feeling I would do them after workouts on training days.

Eric Baum

After workouts is the suggestion.