Leg Popped, Now Injured

Started by jamesters, August 20, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,082 Views

jamesters

I was doing a front bend stretch with my leg over my head, it made an extremely loud pop. Now my leg's injured. I didn't think much of it, I thought I'd just take it easy and it'd heal. However, a couple days after the injury, there was a big dent on my shin, like it looked like there was a hole in my shin. It scared me, but then another day went by and now my shin looks normal. I'm still sort of scared, is this common to happen when you stretch a lot?

braindx

I can't even really imagine what you're describing....

It's probably a good idea to see a doctor if you're in any doubt

Joshua Naterman

Wow. Well, you should see a doctor. Typically, loud pops are ligaments snapping. Best to get on that, if you wait it will be harder to fix and your recovery might not be as complete, if it does turn out that you tore a ligament.