Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated guys and girls. I know that by the end i pike a bit at the hips, but other than that what do you think?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by RossyL, May 17, 2015 · 5 Replies · 163 Views
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated guys and girls. I know that by the end i pike a bit at the hips, but other than that what do you think?
You're piked from the start. Also work on getting more protraction and depression. But other than that it looks good.
Try to stay rigid from your toes to your head and move your body in one piece.
You also need more lean-hands should be at your hips.And it looks like you are pushing backwards while moving up.Try to keep the lean while pushing up.For me it helps when I focus a point on the ground and try to stay above that point while pushing up.
Do not slide your feet in between reps and do not pike the hips. both these factors together or separately have a great influence on the level of lean.
Perhaps I am wrong but it seems like you are having your arms outside of shoulder width? This makes the exercise more chest-dominant and that is generally unwanted.
Thanks for your suggestions! I'm looking forward to todays workout to put them into practice. Andre I particularly like your idea of focusing on a point on the ground. I have a feeling it's going to be like a whole new exercise for me now.
One other thing that i have seen from others performing this exercise is that when they push up and go in to protraction, they have quite a sever 'bridge' in the thoracic spine. Is this the way to go or is this just somebody fighting for more protraction?