Time between exercises

Started by El Plunkito, May 15, 2015 · 3 Replies · 2,477 Views

El Plunkito

Hi,

 

I'd been wondering for a while but hadn't got around to asking someone: 

 

Just how important is doing all of your exercises back-to-back? For example I have 7 exercises on the days I train my most seriously. The last 3 of which are Back Squats, Push ups and Pull ups and sometimes if I'm short on time I will make a split between these final 3 exercises and all the exercises that come before them.

 

I consider amending this quite possible if I learn that the difference between doing it this way and doing everything together is much better for adaptations. 

Jon Douglas

Depends on what you are going for. If you are going for max strength you will need to manipulate it slightly differently to a hypertrophy focus :)

What are your goals here?

El Plunkito

Max strength is the aim right now for sure. Does Max Strength orientation lend itself to more rest, and Hypertrophy to minimised rest? Or is this a big oversimplification?

vinca_minor

it may matter a lot less than traditional information regarding training has led us to believe.