This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 Questions

Started by Jeffrey Mailly, May 14, 2015 · 2 Replies · 145 Views

Jeffrey Mailly

I have a question similar to this one. Not sure if this is the best place for it or to start a new thread.

 

Basically I'm wondering if anyone has information on whether training can be spread throughout a day or if it's better to be done in a condensed timeframe? For example my first week of workouts has me doing 4/7 elements on the first day. Could I do 2 of them in the AM and 2 in the PM and receive the same benefits as doing all 4 in succession?

Stephen Majerle

My first preference is to do them in one workout, but if your time doesn't allow for that you can do an AM and PM session. I am currently splitting my foundation 'B' days between a lunch hour and evening session and it's working fine for me.

Sensei JP

When first starting out, and by that I mean F1, I imagine it doesn't make much of a difference.  Get your work done and the body will respond.  I had to do this for two months and didn't notice any advantages or disadvantages.

 

That said, Coach HAS said that eventually we will all need to be able to do F7 in one workout (I believe, though I may be mistaken, that he said the warmup for later ring strength includes all 7 of the Foundation 4 movements).  Spreading your workouts out throughout the day will not build this work capacity.  Something to think about when planning your future workout schedule at least.