So I was trying to train my MSH the other day and noticed that I can easily hold the MSH with my hips away from my arms if my hands are facing forward, however, if they're facing backwards (the way I was training before) I can only get my feet off the ground be leaning back on my arms. So my question is, will it be detrimental to my manna progress to train the MSH with my hands facing forward? I imagine this is somehow easier and I think it makes me have to retract less, so that might be why it's easier. What do you all think?
MSH hand position
Started by Solgymnasthenics, May 13, 2015 · 7 Replies · 2,476 Views
If your future end goal is Manna, have your hands backwards. I've never seen anyone do a Manna with fingers pointing forward.
With all Manna work you want to retract as much as possible and have the fingers backwards.
Mats Trane said:If your future end goal is Manna, have your hands backwards. I've never seen anyone do a Manna with fingers pointing forward.
With all Manna work you want to retract as much as possible and have the fingers backwards.
Alright, thanks! Any ideas why I can't get my legs up with my hands facing backwards? Just harder? Or maybe because I'm more used to having my hands facing forwards from l-sit work?
Most likely you are hunching forward and not properly retracting.Solgymnasthenics said:Alright, thanks! Any ideas why I can't get my legs up with my hands facing backwards? Just harder? Or maybe because I'm more used to having my hands facing forwards from l-sit work?
Daniel Burnham said:Most likely you are hunching forward and not properly retracting.
That may very well be true. I'll link pictures of my MSH with both hand positions.
Forward Hand Position:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35k5pir&s=8#.VVQdf2DF-lI
Backward Hand Position:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2468io1&s=8#.VVQdrmDF-lI
I realize my pancake needs to improve greatly, and that my knees are bent in the hands backward picture (due to timing of the picture and a lack of strength). What do you all think?
Solgymnasthenics said:That may very well be true. I'll link pictures of my MSH with both hand positions.
Forward Hand Position:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35k5pir&s=8#.VVQdf2DF-lI
Backward Hand Position:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2468io1&s=8#.VVQdrmDF-lI
I realize my pancake needs to improve greatly, and that my knees are bent in the hands backward picture (due to timing of the picture and a lack of strength). What do you all think?
These are not MSH.
In a MSH the hips are in front of the arms. That is the point of the progression. This cannot be done properly with hands forward. In your pictures you simply have a straddled lsit
Daniel Burnham said:These are not MSH.
In a MSH the hips are in front of the arms. That is the point of the progression. This cannot be done properly with hands forward. In your pictures you simply have a straddled lsit
Well that's embarrassing haha! I couldn't find a picture of a MSH anywhere, and this is what I got from Coach's description of the MSH in Manna progressions. Can you show me what a MSH actually is?