This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, May 13, 2015 · 7 Replies · 210 Views

HB_Ron

I went on a deload week sooner than usual to let my (previously injured)shoulder some time to recover. I'm happy I've done a wise choice because I prevented a potential injury. Also, breathing is still challenging ,but by cutting the volume by half, it gave me an opportunity to really get used to it :)

 

Do I still lack some scapula depression and is form good to move to PE3? (There's no rush of course. There's still a long way before I reach mastery and my form can still get better until then..I'm just curious if the current form is enough for mastery so that I know I'm on the correct path ) 

 

Any advice and criticism is appreciated! :)

chuchodani

Looks good ! But you're doing the movement too slow, take a look at the course video again.

Cole Dano

The tempo will improve for HB_Ron naturally as he becomes more confident with the form.

LateStarter@46

Lovely hollow back!  :)

chuchodani
Zach Armijo said:

Ron's tempo is perfect, so when he actually does it at normal speed, it will seem too easy. Beautiful TUT and form.

Yes, I totally agree with you, but I thought foundation says you should show mastery with the pescribed form.

HB_Ron

Great thanks for the feedback guys! I appreciate very much your kind words Zach & LateStarter@46 !  :)

 
chuchodani said:

Looks good ! But you're doing the movement too slow, take a look at the course video again.

 

Sorry, I should have mentioned it. I did the eccentric and concentric slower than usual in order to develop more strength in my shoulder since it had been feeling quite odd and weak this week. 

Alessandro Mainente

Tempo is not a problem when you are working on bases and endurance. on the other side in order to not loose the ability to express power is not suitable only slow movement when working for maximal strength, but this is not the case.

Awesssss

When should you worry about tempo? Around the 5x5 exercises? Or only when you train max strength which is never when training accordingly to foundaton?