This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE6>iM

Started by dritar, May 13, 2015 · 4 Replies · 114 Views

dritar

Hello,

 

FL/PE6>iM seems to require knees and feet together, whereas the previous iM was less strict in that the knees and feet could come apart. 

 

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping keeping knees together and having full extension. I'm thinking it's probably some tightness (obliques maybe...) that will get resolved eventually, but does anyone have any suggestions ? I'm also working TBS series is there any particular element I should pay more attention ?

Alessandro Mainente

tight quads, psoas and adductor could be the problem.

dritar

That means keep focusing on MSS and FSS. I definitely have tight quads as I'm very bad at the front split stretches at the end of the FSS series and at the middle split flairs it's hard for me to have the leg that is raised near the shoulders (it's barely perpendicular to the floor and it's almost an ab workout to keep it there).

Jeremy Huston

If you are bow-legged like I am, it is physically impossible to have your legs straight with both feet and knees touching -- while standing, in handstand, L-support, bridge -- no matter the position.  In this case, squeeze a yoga block between your knees to keep you honest.

 

If it's not bone structure, then it's a matter of stretching like the other posts have said.

dritar

It's not bow-leggedness. It's just my knees come apart if try to extend upwards. I can keep them together but at reduced ROM atleast when compared to the previous iM. So yeah, it's just some zombieness...