This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation assessment

Started by Darin Denman, May 11, 2015 · 6 Replies · 249 Views

Darin Denman

I am just getting back after a layoff due to personal circumstances. I was going to take the assessment to see where to pick up foundation 1. I was wondering if all the elements had to be tested one after the other with no rest between or is it ok to assess them one at a time. Also what is a reasonable dumbbell weight for the windmills for a reasonably strong 45yo male.

Thanks, Darin

chuchodani

To me understanding, you should test them one after the other without rest, the only rest is the iM and for take some water.

Joshua Slocum

In general you're not supposed to rest much in between elements. Get a drink of water, shake out whatever is sore, then jump into the next exercise.

brown.3794

I typically only rest about 30 seconds to get water if I need it or to write down progress in my workout log.

Darin Denman

Ok. I was primarily wondering because a typical workout has only a few of the elements whereas the assessment seems to include all of them. So I wasn't sure if the increase in volume warranted more rest than a workout between elements. Also any input on what resistance should be used for windmills??

Massimiliano Paccanaro

After a long layoff i want to start faundation 1 again.

I can't find the page for a new assessment to have adeguate workouts....can you help me?

Darin Denman

Massimiliano,

Log in to your foundation 1 course. On the right click on "intro articles". On the left under "assessments " you will see "PE1 Assessments". Click on that and it will take you to the initial assessment.

Darin