This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout with strange shoulder issue?

Started by brown.3794, May 11, 2015 · 9 Replies · 198 Views

brown.3794

So my shoulder is feeling funny today. Last Friday I know I pushed to hard and my shoulder hurt like I overtrained it. Saturday it was completely fine. Sunday it hurt a little bit probably a 1-2  on the pain scale but I had full range of motion and most of the time it felt fine.

 

Today I woke up and it doesn't hurt but it feels a little tight and it doesn't feel 100%. I don't really know how to describe it, I just kinda notice that it is there. Today is my FL,HBP,SPL, RC day and I want to train but I don't know if I should give it another days rest. 

 

Just to make sure it was pain free I went through my full ROM, did a quick handstand on a wall, 2 push ups, and 3 pull ups. Thankfully there was no pain.  Maybe I'm being overly careful but I really don't want to slow my progress down because of injury. 

LateStarter@46

You are wise to be cautious - let the shoulder recover and avoid anything that causes sharp pain.

Jeremy Huston
brown.3794 said:

 

Today I woke up and it doesn't hurt but it feels a little tight and it doesn't feel 100%.

Tight and not 100% is a sign to take it easy.  If in doubt, take a rest.  It's better to miss 1 workout out of caution than hurt yourself and miss a month.

Jordan Dotson

Ahhh. I haven't done a bent-arm exercise in, ohhh...4 months now, thanks to the exact same dilemma. I didn't rest, obviously. Is there anything in the world more annoying than knowing that? 

brown.3794

Oh I hope I'm not out for that long. Its been feeling better since I've been resting but I know I'm still not ready for anything intense.  I think I'm going to test it again tomorrow to see how I feel since today is my regular rest/cardio day.

LateStarter@46
Jordan Dotson said:

Ahhh. I haven't done a bent-arm exercise in, ohhh...4 months now, thanks to the exact same dilemma. I didn't rest, obviously. Is there anything in the world more annoying than knowing that? 

On the bright side, it will heal and you can restart back up again - SLOWLY! - from PE1 of course  :angry:

Mark Collins

You are wise to be cautious. An extra days rest will never hurt you.

Jordan Dotson
LateStarter@46 said:

On the bright side, it will heal and you can restart back up again - SLOWLY! - from PE1 of course  :angry:

Gladly! I find that going in reverse has been a unique joy of this program. A quest to eliminate weaknesses wherever they are.

Edoardo Cagnola

The exact same thing happened to me today! After reading this post I've chosen to rest, hopefully it will be healed for my next workout. It was a deload anyways:)

brown.3794
Edoardo Cagnola said:

The exact same thing happened to me today! After reading this post I've chosen to rest, hopefully it will be healed for my next workout. It was a deload anyways:)

It also happened on my deload. Clearly we should skip deloads and workout till the wheels fall off lol.