This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about grip while working on pull-up at the bar

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 11, 2015 · 4 Replies · 148 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

Just a  curiosity I would like to clarify about the grip to use while working on pull up at the bar.

I see athletes grab  the bar in a few different ways. Specifically I saw this ones, the difference is how the thumb is placed:

 

post-10847-0-22997900-1431349592_thumb.p

 

post-10847-0-55117500-1431349684_thumb.p

 

post-10847-0-63977200-1431349777_thumb.j

 

It looks like in RC/PE7 the athlete use the latter one (that means thumbs over the bar). Am I wrong?

 

Which one of these is the best, or the most efficient? Is it only about our choice, or does it depend on other factor (such as bar diameter or other stuffs)?

Thank you!

chuchodani

I prefer the middle one, it engage more my forearms.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
chuchodani said:

I prefer the middle one, it engage more my forearms.

I see. The second grip reminds me the grip I use with palms facing me (supinated grip).

Alessandro Mainente

body alwalys follows function. if you have to grab something similar to a bar what type of grip you will use? the one which is considered the best from your brain.

Rayne-William

I use the third one. For the Rope Climb and Front Lever progressions I am working on.

 

To find out why, grab the nearest dumbell or weight plate and barely hold on to it. The longer you barely hold on the heavier the weight seems to your body.