This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1-iM Skiers

Started by James Praser, May 11, 2015 · 2 Replies · 140 Views

James Praser

I'm looking for suggestions on improving skiers.  I found great tips on helping me with deck squats (using about 2" raised mats right now to work through the progression).  But i can't go very deep at all on skiers without my knee hurting or feeling like i will fall backwards.  i'm using TRX straps to hold on to keep my balance so I can at least work through the mobility motion right now.  i'm sure it's mostly ankle mobility from doing searches here, but was looking to see if anyone had other ideas on the skiers and/or best way to improve hip or ankle mobility for this. 

 

thanks.

 

Jamie Praser

Jeremy Huston

First -- it shouldn't hurt.  If it hurts, you're form is wrong or you're going too deep for your current flexibility.  Be patient -- these first IM's can take a while depending on your prior flexibility.  As the course material says, don't be concerned about your initial range of motion.  Mobility takes time and you'll get there eventually.

 

That said, try static holds of the bottom position of Cossack squats.  Pay close attention that your knee and ankle don't roll in.

James Praser

Thanks Jeremy.  I viewed the video and will work on the Cossack squats to help with mobility.