This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 and PE1-im Form Checks

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, May 9, 2015 · 8 Replies · 88 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So, upon further review, I recognized that my hips were not back far enough and I was squatting down too deeply in the im. I've gone back to the drawing board and redid block three of this element. Turns out my endurance had decreased as a result, so I'll be sticking with this element at least another block. In the meantime, is my form decent enough to go about focusing solely on my endurance? Or do I need to additionally shore up a few cues on my positioning still? Thanks.

 

 

 

chuchodani

I think you just need to hold your body more straight, angle at the arms and body looks good to me.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

For PE, the -im, or both?

chuchodani
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

For PE, the -im, or both?

iM was private, I can't see it, change the setting :).

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Changed. Youtube did that, sorry.

chuchodani

iM: Front this angle, it looks like your arms is inclined instead of parallel, if this is true, it should be parallel to your shoulder. Allow the lat to relax more go a little bit deeper.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So when I'm sitting back the arm should be parallel and not angled? Ok. I got it, the bar I'm using is on a Smith machine, so I just have to lift it higher. Such nuance to all these moves. Little by little, I'll make it to Foundation 2, lol.

Alessandro Mainente

Do not let your body to twist and bend a lttle the legs so that the arm are parallel to the ground. in this exercise the focus should be the stretch of the external rotator and retractors . the lats here play a less relevant role.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Ohh okay. So I should feel it, much like PE1, in the shoulder. The legs are less of an element.