This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 and PE2-im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, May 9, 2015 · 5 Replies · 155 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

How's it looking? Me thinks it good enough to move on for the pushups -- because, they're pushups. I'm also using a 12lb dumbbell for the PE2-im. Had a niggling on my right arm and then used a 10lb dumbbell for my right arm and continued with 12lbs on the left arm with no problem. (I might've strained my anterior deltoid doing some foam rolling earlier in the week). 

 



 

 

korija

do the im slower, looks like you're lacking hollow body in the pe

chuchodani

HBP/PE2: Just two things here. First, you need to engage more PPT, look how your butt is sticking out just a little bit, and second one, at some reps I'm not sure if you go chest to ground completely, look at the difference between my shoulder position at bottom compared with yours.

 

iM: Like korija said, do it a little bit slower.

 

Pafke

Your scapula is not potracted in top of pushup and you hips are piked a little.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Ahhh. Okay, so for the -im, I want to twist as little as possible? Basically emphasizing the shoulder ROM -- this will probably transfer over to HS/PE1-im (which has also been alluding me). Thanks for that pointer.

Protraction and hollow seem to be weak points on this and sPL/PE1. Gonna have to keep at it, I guess.

@chuchodani, I see what you mean about shoulder angle. Guess my ego had been skimping on that front. I will focus on that too. Thanks all

 

Edit: I just did Xiaoping Forwards, without weight (literally stepping away from the desk) and trying to not twist at all and man, that was much more difficult than I had expected. I see now that, I had been giving myself too much leeway on the -im. Thanks

Rayne-William

For your push ups: when you reach the top most position, your upper arm should be fully externally rotated so that the pits of your elbows are facing forward. If possible keep your upper arm fully externally rotated throughout the full range of motion. Keeping your entire core tight will help.

 

Doing so will assure your elbows are fully locked and the additional strength gained will carry over to Planche, Front Lever, Rope Climb, Manna and other HBP progressions.