This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The dreaded sPL/PE1 and PE1-im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, May 9, 2015 · 5 Replies · 171 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So I've been working on this progression since buying Foundation 1 in August. I feel confidently about my scapular pushups, though let me know if I for any reason shouldn't (and though my shirt hangs I am engaging for PPT). As for the swivel hips, it seems to depend on the day as to whether my knees go lower than they do in the below videos or not.


 



 

 

 

chuchodani

sPL/PE1: The most noticeable mistake here, is that you're bending your elbows, you should be able to reach full protraction and depression without bending at the elbow. At the other hand due to the angle I'm not able to see if you're reaching full protraction, do the motion a little bit slower.

 

iM: Do the movement slower and eventually try to get those knees lower.

Pafke

Your scapula is sticking out on top of exercise.

Scapula position in spl exercises is very important so i would suggest that in future you film your spl workouts without shirt so people can see in detail where is erorr if there is some. :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So. Locked elbows, slower and more internal rotation of the knees, all while shirtless. The first two I can handle. May have to videotape this at home. Not sure on the whole "shirtless" policy of my gym, lol. Also, I wasn't aware that scapulae position mattered that much since the entire progression focuses on protraction and contraction of the scapula I would have thought that they would poke out some. 

Cole Dano

The "bad" poking out is at the top of the movement. You still need to hollow, a bit more.

 

It looks like you are doing this as a scap only exercise, it involves the full body. So stay tight, and push up a little more at the top. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I didn't figure I was at mastery, because of the -im. I just wanted to see where I was with the movement. Thanks