This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1 - iM form check

Started by Jason Dupree, May 9, 2015 · 12 Replies · 396 Views

Jason Dupree

I think I'm finally starting to understand this movement and how it should feel. As you will see in the video, I obviously lack control, but I'd like feedback on this for moving forward. Good form? Enough flexion? Enough lean? Etc. I had trouble uploading, let me know if there is trouble watching.

https://youtu.be/OaosrkSOZtA

Alessandro Mainente

the upper body should be inclined forward to increase the weight over the traps.

do not do the mistake of extending the wrist upward to gain a couple of cm of shoulders flexion, wrists stay neutral.

Jason Dupree

What about flexion? Is this enough to pass mastery if I lean more and fix the hands? I'm finding it hard to get more ROM, even in passive stretching.

Alessandro Mainente

-lean forward

-lift the bar without wrists extension

-check the flexion on the correct position. 

evaluate the shoulders rom from the current video it is impossible because the traps basically are not working

Jason Dupree

https://youtu.be/yl00eWq8tXY

I'm not sure I understand your meaning on your last point... But I videoed again, leaning and keeping straight wrists. I also made sure I felt it in my traps (I felt them in original video, but not as much as here). The ROM though I feel is still lacking. With traps focused, this is the extent of my active flexibility.

Alessandro Mainente

check it out the shoulders flexion angle that you need to hold (red) and the line your are holding (green).

post-1151-0-19649500-1431282300_thumb.pn

Jason Dupree

Very clear. It also frustrates me because I've been working on this for so long. Here is what I'll do: continue with this form, focusing on getting ever closer to the red line. And keep stretching. I'll post a passive stretch check in the stretch forum to make sure I'm going about it in the right way. Thank you

Jason Dupree

How's this for progress? Can only hold it for 5 seconds though, then I lose a few degrees.

post-13982-0-19732200-1432680390_thumb.j

Alessandro Mainente

Nice man, I like both the execution and your suffering  ;)

HB_Ron

Beautiful form man!

Also, do you mind uploading a video/photo from back angle? It's really hard for me to imagine protracted scapula with this amount of shoulder flexion. I got to have a look   :o

Coach Sommer

Looks good, Jason.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

MattRobbo
Alessandro Mainente said:

check it out the shoulders flexion angle that you need to hold (red) and the line your are holding (green).

attachicon.gifresult.png

Would the red line constitute mastery. I.e 180' of flexion or does it need to be like in the course video which looks like shoulders are open past 180'?