This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HbP/PE3

Started by Lukas Stamm, May 8, 2015 · 3 Replies · 121 Views

Lukas Stamm

After training this movement for 7 Month without any big progress, I feels like I have found a good way for me to progress.

Thanks to the foot stop, I can't cheat at the concentric Phase and have to stop when I can't hold good form.

I Think this was the biggest problem. Also i reduced the Frequency from 6 to 4 times Foundation a week, which works better.

 

If you have Ideas for improving Form, Thank you! 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8oifuqDrY&feature=youtu.be

Alessandro Mainente

1- Your butt is definitely too high during the ascent portion and you are arching the lower back.

2- you are reaching before with shoulders and then with hips, the relation must be reversed.

3- use something to stop the feet movement it is a facilitation , the shoulders, the upper back control the tendency of the feet to move forward and backward

4- you tend to elevate shoulders when the ascent portion is finished.

 

Only for my curiosity can you post a 15 reps set of HBP PE2?

Adriano Augusto

If it works for you do it, but I prefer doing it just like the courses show... Planche lean, maintain the hold and then start the movement.

It requires some kind of proficiency and practice to nail the real thing because it needs a lot of things at the same time. Planche lean practice also gets you better at PPP.

Completely agreed with Ales.

Garrick Sevilla

Lukas, I tried the footstop-hands-by-waist method for a few weeks and wasn't getting anywhere.  So I went back to HBP/PE2 and mastered 5 x 15r with toes pointed (rather than on the toes), maintaining PPT during the descent and ascent, full scapular protraction at the top, and maintaining as much protraction as possible during the descent.  I'm now going to gradually increase the lean, keeping the sets and reps at 5 x 10r.  For the first training block, my hands are near my ribcage.  At this smaller degree of lean, the reps feel strong and under control.  My feet are firmly in place (with no foot stop), and I can maintain the lean throughout each rep.  I should be ready to increase the lean in the next training block.  You may want to give this approach a try.