This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

injured wrist

Started by Jaromir Stopka, May 8, 2015 · 12 Replies · 327 Views

Jaromir Stopka

Hi everyone,

anybody here who got wrist injured by doing hand stand exercise?I am doing H1 and everything was pretty ok till HS/PE11.During doing it I felt pressure in my left wrist near thumb.I ignored that pain because I thought that this is part of process.One day pain was too much and it keeps me away of doing some exercise including planch workout.It lasts about 4 months and my orthopedist doesnt know what to do with it.I can do some HS work only with parallets but its so limitful.Anyone experiencing the same problem?I am so desperate.

thanks

Alessandro Mainente

You are not strange, your problem was thinking that your body does not need time to heal. stop immediately for 3-4 days is the best solution to heal. pain it is a sign of not enough adaptations and rest.

Mark Collins
Jaromir Stopka said:

Hi everyone,

anybody here who got wrist injured by doing hand stand exercise?I am doing HS1 and everything was pretty ok till HS/PE11.During doing it I felt pressure in my left wrist near thumb.I ignored that pain because I thought that this is part of process.One day pain was too much and it keeps me away of doing some exercise including planch workout.It lasts about 4 months and my orthopedist doesnt know what to do with it.I can do some HS work only with parallets but its so limitful.Anyone experiencing the same problem?I am so desperate.

thanks

Thee are 10 joints in the wrist and often they are stiff, which causes a lot of pain with handstands. What assessment have you had with the wrist?

I normally find wrist joint mobilisation works well with these type of problems.

Jaromir Stopka
Mark Collins said:

Thee are 10 joints in the wrist and often they are stiff, which causes a lot of pain with handstands. What assessment have you had with the wrist?

I normally find wrist joint mobilisation works well with these type of problems.

What do you mean by assessment with wrist?You mean medical?Sorry I am not english.Try to write again in different sentence.thanks a lot

Mark Collins

A medical appointment with a doctor or physiotherapist.

Jaromir Stopka

I had 5 sessions of ultrasound - shock wave.Doctor said this should help but if not there is not much to do but rest.since today i`v been taking Mumio pils if you ever heard of it.I hope this could help.

 
Coach Sommer
Jaromir Stopka said:

... During doing it I felt pressure in my left wrist near thumb.I ignored that pain because I thought that this is part of process ...

 

Never train thru pain.  

 

Pain is the body's signal that you are doing too much and need to step back.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jaromir Stopka
Coach Sommer said:

Never train thru pain.  

 

Pain is the body's signal that you are doing too much and need to step back.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

OH YEAH COACH..NOW IS TOO LATE!

Coach Sommer
Jaromir Stopka said:

OH YEAH COACH..NOW IS TOO LATE!

 

LOL.

You need to improve your search engine fu.  I have only said the same thing here on the forum about ten thousand times.  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jaromir Stopka

now its obvious...No brain..No gain!

Joshua Slocum
Jaromir Stopka said:

OH YEAH COACH..NOW IS TOO LATE!

Don't feel too bad. There's a lot of confusion surrounding the difference between pain and discomfort. Discomfort is to be expected: the body doesn't like being exerted, and any good workout program will have you exerting yourself a lot. Pain is the body's way of telling you that something is wrong, and you shouldn't do it. 

Mark Collins
Jaromir Stopka said:

I had 5 sessions of ultrasound - shock wave.Doctor said this should help but if not there is not much to do but rest.since today i`v been taking Mumio pils if you ever heard of it.I hope this could help.

No wonder you are no better. Ultrasound and shock wave is not effective for wrist problems. You will most likely need joint mobilisation, soft tissue releases, mobility and strength exercises. I usually use the wrist series as a template for my patients. I reduce the range of motion and load depending on symptoms. I usually add some wrist curl and reverse wrist curl isometrics.

What country do you live in?

Jaromir Stopka

yes but now i have not been able train properly for at least 4 months...i am desperate