Inverted hang to L sit

Started by Chris, August 18, 2009 · 7 Replies · 2,193 Views

Chris

Hello there,

I've been wandering if anyone of you guys knows how to build up to and what are the prereqs for a decent (ie. done with proper nice form) inverted hang to a L sit. I know it requires at least quite decent flexibility and a solid false grip (I found that in the inverted hand it's harder to maintain the false grip) and I'm working towards that, but what next? And, does anyone know what rating it has? Somewhere I saw that it's a B, so quite hard for a non gymnast, so maybe I'm aiming too high?

Cheers,

Chris

braindx

Kip to support requires explosive hip extension and pulling the rings straight to the hips

Chris
braindx said:
Kip to support requires explosive hip extension and pulling the rings straight to the hips

that I figgered out already, thanks anyhow, was wandering tho if there are any other, simplier exercises to develop that dynamic strength and or the move, or the only option that one has is to constantly try it on the rings

Blairbob

Usually kip to L is done in a regular grip. False gripping it is cheating like I used to do once upon a millenia ago.

Chris

okay I thought it's supposed to be with false grip 'cause I saw some elites perform it that way, nevertheless there are still numerous questions unanswerd

Blairbob

It's an interesting thing. Though elites aren't supposed to false grip, they kinda get away with it on some skills like kip to cross, etc. It's a subdued false grip but it's still there.

braindx

You can practice on floor

Honestly, you're trying to find fixes where there isn't one. You have to practice the move...

Chris
braindx said:
You can practice on floor

Honestly, you're trying to find fixes where there isn't one. You have to practice the move...

gosh ;p was just wandering if there are any :P