This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1 and PE1-im (updated)

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, May 6, 2015 · 6 Replies · 206 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Here's my crack at 5x30 on Russian Twists and 5x10 Hip Circles. Let me know anyone's thoughts on my form. I feel confident about the Russian twists and so-so on the hip circles. 

 

 

 

 

I videoed the PE1-im twice, just to be sure. 

 

Danny

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Ahh. Okay. I only adjusted my torso (up and down) because my inner voice was telling me not to arch  So I guess I ended up overcompensating. Maybe it was performance anxiety since I knew I would be posting these videos, haha.

I used to do Russian twists with the weights further behind or more perpendicular to my body, as well as when I did them prior to GB, but looking at the videos more I thought that Oranj (spelling?) wasn't going that far back in the updated course videos, so I stopped, too. Fixing that should not be a big deal.

 

 

Now, if only my upper body and legs would progress as fast my core has (on SL, FL, and MN progressions) then things would be going smoothly. In the meantime, thanks for the good news that this is up to snuff and I can move on to PE2 and 2-im.

Mark Cronjaeger

I just started a couple wks ago, but I was counting 1 touch right + 1 touch left = 1 rep for Seated Russian Twist.  I'm up to 4x30r counting in that fashion (hip flexors burn pretty good by the end).  Based on above video, am I doing double reps?  Thanks.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yes. There are other posts enumerating this confusion. The same issue appears with the SLS progressions. It's 10 Cossack squats TOTAL (SLS/PE2) and 10 STS Squats PER SIDE TOTAL (SLS/PE3). I mean 60 Russian twists is an absurd amount. Sure it'll boost your endurance, but you're doing too many. In the course videos, if it does not explicitly say per leg, then don't assume that it is per leg. I'm merely paraphrasing what other authorized coaches, founders, and moderators have stated. It is a little easy to misunderstand, but that's the thing to look for. 

I hope this helps. If you still aren't sure look in the search or on the foundation 1 forums, most of the questions you will have have been asked before since the forums are five to six years old.

Mark Cronjaeger

Thanks.  In retrospect, with 15 reps as the goal for scap shrugs, push ups, hinge rows, 15 twists per side did seem a more reasonable goal.  Although I could feel the added strength (or muscular) endurance during my swimming, even after just a couple weeks of overdoing the twist reps.  It was very time consuming though.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Mark Cronjaeger

Thanks.  That's useful.