This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Two stretch courses in one session

Started by xabier.errea, May 5, 2015 · 12 Replies · 427 Views

xabier.errea

Hi folks!

 

Doing two stretching sessions for example Middle Split and Thoracic Bridge in the same session would be too much? I have some time constraints and would like to do once a week each Stretch course

brown.3794

Yes probably they are pretty intense on their own and 45min each. What's your workout schedule now maybe we can help you find time.

xabier.errea

My schedule

 

Monday: FL,SPL,HBP,RC

Tuesday: SL,MN,SLS,HS

Wednesday: Stretching+ Sprints (run or row)

Thursday: FL,SPL,HBP,RC

Friday:SL,MN,SLS,HS

Saturday: Stretching

Sunday: rest

 

I rather rest on Sunday, as usually have many things to do, that's why I'm thinking of squeezing in one more stretch course on Saturday

brown.3794

Can you fit stretch in on any f1 day? I have the same schedule and I do stretch on Monday, Wednesdays,and Friday. On Wednesday, I do jump rope on Wednesday and stretch after. My workout+stretch is usually one hour and a half to an hour and 45min.

xabier.errea

So if it's taking one hour and a half for your Foundation+ Stretch session, why not making it on Saturday two consecutive stretching sessions...I don't see the difference...I don't think stretching session is more taxing than the Foundation workout...

brown.3794

It's really up to you and your body. If you think your body is up to it give it a shot for two week  and see how your recovery is. For me that would be too much, after the stretch sequence I'm usually sore/ tired. On saturday I just do limbering and a little jump rope and keep sunday for complete rest. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I do F1 M/W/F and H1 Tue/Thurs. I then do my stretch series after F1. Allows for limbering on Tue/Thurs and a complete rest on Sat/Sun. Could work for you. But, again, everybody is different.

Cole Dano

Better not to rush the stretch series, make sure you have plenty of time if you are going to attempt this.

 

Also notice that the series all follow a pattern of building up, which are carefully sequenced as stand alone series. Placing one after the other might feel harsh.

vannybute

Is it okay to do stretch series as only workout for a given day? My son may have to do this due to time constraints...

vannybute

Also, can I post form checks for just pancakes, front splits, and bridges, in this forum?

vannybute

Not stretch specific elements

brown.3794

Im not an expert but I do that with my MS work because I like stretching M,W,F but I do foundation on the 4 day schedule. I just do some jump rope cardio before my Wednesday stretch.

Cole Dano
GenericGymnast said:

Also, can I post form checks for just pancakes, front splits, and bridges, in this forum?

 

Only form checks for the elements that are specifically in F1 go here. Form checks for other elements belong in their respective forums.