This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 ring set up

Started by xabier.errea, May 5, 2015 · 3 Replies · 221 Views

xabier.errea

Hi all,

 

I’m just not sure how ring should be set up for RC/PE1 or Hinge Rows…

 

In the demo video I guess the athlete has his ring hanged in a very high structure, but most of the times we will be using lower ones, making a big difference on leverage if you are starting the movement (sitting in the floor) just under the structure and the rings hanging vertically or at some distance from the vertical of the structure…does that make any sense?

 

Thanks everyone!

Alessandro Mainente

the amplitude of straps it's more relevant when you are supporting your body over the rings compared to suspension.hinge rows are a matter of suspension.

xabier.errea

Thanks Alessandro for the quick reply!

 

The thing is that is much easier when you are displaced from the vertical of the structure, so I guess the starting position should be with the ring straps hanging in a perfect vertical, right?

Alessandro Mainente

approximately vertical.