This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

042815 HSPE4 floor Handstand Flexion And Mobility (2 rounds n this vid)

Started by kingzlo, May 4, 2015 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

kingzlo

First round I didn't use my weighted bar, 2nd round I did.  How is my form?

 

Mobility NOTE: Fatigue in my left arm (connection of forearm/writst/finger(s))so that is why my wrist look it is not holding the bar as it should.  And yes, I am more than shoulder width (gaining flexability).

 

Keilani Gutierrez

mhm. you're looking for the iM to avoid bicep tightness. keep the elbows(the bony part) looking up and raise the weight. doing it a little fast at first will be a temptation, just do some bicep limbering before hand(probably holding onto a barbell on a squat rack if you have one and using that too loosen you up) and keep the weight manageable.

 

which leads me to my next observation, did you already do this with 3-5lb and start bumping up the weight? cause if so, bravo! but if not, don't worry, 5lb can break up that tightness in no time, no need to go heavy....yet :)

kingzlo

Hey Keilani, I got used to the range of motion of the iM from the previous mobilities of the handstand exercises, particularly from HS/PE2.  Also from listening to one of the podcasts where Coach stated that eventually I will get from a wide grip to a more narrow grip in time.  

 

Sounds like a plan with lowering the weight to break up the tightness (currently my lighter bar is using 10lb plates (will reduce to 5lbs)).  I'll be sure to get into that next week (currently in recovery mode for a time).  Thanks for the advice.

Cole Dano

Kinzlo - read the focus points on this one! 

 

This is a Handstand prep drill, it's not just about getting the weight to the floor, but doing so with a tight body, rbis pulled down, lower back to the floor.

 

iM, same as mentioned in the static version.