Gymnastic Static Holds Progress

Started by kwarny, August 18, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,342 Views

kwarny

This is a link to my current progress of the planche, manna, front lever, and back lever. My video says the 8th week but it's really the beginning the 7th week. I am moving into the dorms this week so I tested today since I will be wrestling and conditioning soon for an open tournament. Feel free to provide any tips or critique. By the way slizzardman, I found Pain Free in Barnes and Noble and read it briefly. I plan on using it when I get all the extra free time from school.

Blairbob

Nice man.

Pointing your toes will make it harder since the lever is longer just as bending your knees in the manna progressions shortens the levers.

Arms look slightly bent in cross.

Razz

On the pullup bar back lever you're hands should be palm down.

besides that you're strong! greaat improvement :twisted:

kwarny
Blairbob said:
Nice man.

Pointing your toes will make it harder since the lever is longer just as bending your knees in the manna progressions shortens the levers.

Arms look slightly bent in cross.

Thanks for the critique. I can't wait to get cramps from pointing toes. I noticed my knees were bent during the manna so I am going to work on straddle sits to improve that part. In the cross they are bent, I just used it as a filler for the intro :D . I am double jointed in the elbows and I just try to find a position where they are close to straight since when fully extended it feels like my elbows are going to snap from the massive pressure. I will hold off with cross until I achieve half lays in planche and front lever.

Razz said:
On the pullup bar back lever you're hands should be palm down.

besides that you're strong! greaat improvement :twisted:

Thanks. the bar now slides in the holes so I am left with the position it gives me but it does improve my hang time greatly :wink: