Hello! I have hip issues, as you can tell by the title. I have retroverted femurs (extreme external rotation and a severe lack of internal rotation in the femur/hips). People who have this usually can still squat and such. I am unable to perform a effective squat, standing or on my back. This can cause issues with my athleticism and just my life in general. My goal is to be able to sit in a deep squat someday.
I can have my knees to my chest, (as you would in a squat) however I can only do so if my legs are crossed, which is very abnormal. The higher my knees are to my chest, my feet come in and can not be brought bak out. If my legs aren't crossed I can feel pain in my hip and a lack of a range of motion. Here are two images, one of my legs crossed and to my chest, the other is my maximum ROM in a squat (I am sitting on a stool). ANY help or roads to try would be extremely appreciated! Also, I have a lack of dorsiflextion in my ankles, but that can be simply treated. Do you feel as this is even treatable, or could I be forever without a ROM in my hips to do a squat? Thank you for any help!

