This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advice on (temporary) Deck Squat replacement.

Started by Mitchell Church, May 3, 2015 · 1 Replies · 135 Views

Mitchell Church

Hi everyone, just starting out with foundation and could use advice with a small issue. 

 

I'm currently getting evaluated for some sort of hamstring tendon injury.  The orthopaedic doctor isn't sure exactly what is going on, but basically my right hamstring tendon tightens up once I push out of the bottom of a full squat (or deck squat).  He has not instructed me to cut out squats, just cut out anything that irritates the tendon until we finish getting it evaluated via MRI and other stuff. 

 

My plan meanwhile is just to do limited ROM squats (maybe 15 degrees south of parallel) and work on hip flexor stretching.  Is there anything else I can do while healing up that will improve my deck squats once I can begin work with them?  The skiers so far have not been a problem. 

Cole Dano

You could do the roll on a bench, or just do old fashioned deep knee bends to a height that will accommodate your injury.