This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE9 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 3, 2015 · 9 Replies · 293 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

The last step before start to work on manna specific elements :)

Here's my V-to-L hanging leg lift.

How do you find my form?

Thank you!!

 

Eric Baum

Looking good! =]

Alessandro Mainente

A little bending a the top. work on these for a couple of week more. feel your quads squeezed.

emilianop

I've got a question about these after watching your video...

When in L shape, should the hips be pressed against the bars or is it good even with a bit of detachment there?

 

emilianop

Thanks Zach, that's what I'd expect.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
emilianop said:

I've got a question about these after watching your video...

When in L shape, should the hips be pressed against the bars or is it good even with a bit of detachment there?

 

Zach Armijo said:

The hips should be close to the bars if not touching in the L. By having the hips pressed forward that far out indicates a strong pull of the lats rather than using core and compression to get the legs up.

 

Ah, I see!!

I'll take care of this, and I'll post a new video soon!

Thanks emilianop and Zach! :)

 

emilianop

Don't thank me, I was doing it for myself! ;)

Awesssss
Zach Armijo said:

The hips should be close to the bars if not touching in the L. By having the hips pressed forward that far out indicates a strong pull of the lats rather than using core and compression to get the legs up.

So you mean that when he's in a L-shape, his entire red shirt should touch the bar (even the lower part of his red shirt) but not his black shorts? 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Zach Armijo said:

Get your lower back flat against the bars in the L. Clothing is not a universal indicator. If you cannot break this habit, then i suggest you utilize an undergrip to lessen the aid from the lats. 

I tried to fix my form yesterday, trying to keep my lower back to the bars in L, as you suggested, Zach.

Is it better now??

Thank you!

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Zach Armijo said:

Hell yeah man! Looks awesome. Form, control, function. All badass!

Yuppiee!! :D Great to know that! Thanks again for your advices , Zach!