This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Pain in Shoulder Extension Walk

Started by Hanlim Lee, May 3, 2015 · 4 Replies · 174 Views

Hanlim Lee

when I do this stretching, there is very bad pain in my right wrist.

 

As I start the walk, I pivot with my fingers and palm

(like first put weight on fingers and move palm, and then put weight on palm and move fingers so on)

 

pretty sharp, this-must-be-wrong pain attacks my right wrist.

 

I wondered what caused this and

 

thought maybe I didn't lifted my palms clean so my palm brush the floor with my weight on, and that twisted my wrist and forearm causing pain.

 

So a week later, I lifted my palm clean but there was a pain again, thought it came slightly later in the sets.

 

 

Does anyone suffered same problem with me?

 

or have any idea why this happens? 

Coach Sommer

You are too deep into the stretch for your very tight wrists.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hanlim Lee
Coach Sommer said:

You are too deep into the stretch for your very tight wrists.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thank you coach for the answer. So this is not just about shoulder but also about the wrist. 

 

I didn't know. 

 

then could you explain why only the right wrist is troublesome?

 

I'm right-handed so I guess right wrist is more flexible than the left.

 

Does my body imbalance put more weight on right side? is that so? 

Giovanni Garcea
Hanlim Lee said:

 

 

I'm right-handed so I guess right wrist is more flexible than the left.

 

 

Actually, I'm right-handed too and discovered with surprise that, while doing the wrist work in H1, my right wrist is noticeably less flexible than the left.

dgaetano
Hanlim Lee said:

 

[....]

 

Does anyone suffered same problem with me?

 

or have any idea why this happens? 

 

I just had a similar issue in my wrist looked at this morning. I had an impingement in the upper wrist of the right hand while doing planche leans (sPL PE5). The specialist (chiropractor and ART) diagnosed the issue and cleaned it up in about five minutes.

 

I don't know if you can tell the difference between an impingement and other types of pain, but basically it feels like a strong pinch inside the tissue. If that's the case I'd recommend having a soft tissue expert look at it (so an ART practitioner or the like).

 

For the record: in my case it was a problem at the elbow that was causing a tightness at the wrist where the radius joins, which in turn was causing other parts of the wrist to become hypermobile to compensate, which was allowing the impingement to happen.