I'm going to be operated on my lower stomach. Nothing too serious but I have to miss 1 month completely for recovery. I'm into training deeply and I don't want to lose my strength, endurance, stamina and my current abilities
What do you think how much can I lose in one month? :roll: And how much time will it consume to get back to my current level? I just got the planche last week and what now? :cry:
I need your opinion - 1 month without training
Started by norbeex3, August 17, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,788 Views
Focus on recovery and the long term versus just short term. 1 month of not doing much, and probably another 2-3 to just get back into the groove. Take it easy and slow getting back.
i usually do 3 months of training and one month off (nothing planned, just normal life of a father who works and also study with exams so sometimes i can't go to gym) and i loose a lot of strength after one month, but after some weeks the strength returns. Specially first weeks are hard because of normal muscular pain of muscles that hasn't worked for some time, when i was able to work much harder. I think you'll loose your planche (sorry :| ) as my static holds that aren't solidified are gone after this rest period (back lever- front lever) and i need some weeks or a month of specific training for this to return to last level of hold. But that's my experience at 35 y.o., if you are younger your recovery is probably much better than mine.
relax there is something called muscle memory.
Many people have been on a long lay off, came back and train and gotten back in after 1-2 months where they were.
thank you for your answers
i've heard something about muscle memory but thanks for the info. yeah... i guess it will take a couple of months to get back into shape... The good side is that my joints will have some time to heal a little
BTW I'm seventeen.