This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 from

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, April 30, 2015 · 22 Replies · 697 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

Is this enough lean for mastery? I've already mastered this movement one month ago but I guessed that improving my lean was a necessity. How is it looking now? I'll test mastery again next week with this amount of lean.

Thanks for your attention :)

post-14515-0-56069000-1430421132_thumb.j

chuchodani

To me looks like enough lean for mastery. I'm just not sure if your scaps are fully protracted, from this angle I think I can see your shoulder blades sticking out just a little bit. Lets see what others think about it.

Pafke

To me it also looks like your scapula is sticking out.

Edoardo Cagnola

Got it! I was unsure about my scapulae placement too, I guess now I know what I need to work on! Thanks for the inputs guys

Juginabi

Should the hips be on the level of the shoulders or close to it? That was the impression I got from the PE5 video and pictures.

Dylan Robertson
Juginabi said:

Should the hips be on the level of the shoulders or close to it? That was the impression I got from the PE5 video and pictures.

Hips should be above the hands.

Edoardo Cagnola

All right. I've been working on protraction and depression at my current lean, keeping the time hold low, as Adriano did back in the day to master this movement. How is it looking? I know the photo has a bad angle and therefore it's quite hard to judge the amount of lean, but I'm more interested in my form. The lean will come :)

Thanks for your attention guys :)

post-14515-0-51305900-1437395175_thumb.j

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks Zach!

You are right about the lean: it is around "end of the ribs" level, so still some way to go!

I'll get another shot from a different angle soon. Sometimes angles can make everything look nicer than it actually is, and we don't want that :)

Edoardo Cagnola

Here we go. Is my form still ok? :)

Thanks again!

post-14515-0-40336200-1437403863_thumb.j

Alexander Egebak
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Here we go. Is my form still ok? :)

Thanks again!

You have some rounding in your upper spine which you can fix but other than that keep on leaning.

Edoardo Cagnola

Very true Alexander! I was already kind of aware of this problem so just after taking the picture above I took this one, in which I try to maintain protraction while losing that ugly curve. Is it better?

post-14515-0-61097300-1437405693_thumb.j

Alexander Egebak
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Very true Alexander! I was already kind of aware of this problem so just after taking the picture above I took this one, in which I try to maintain protraction while losing that ugly curve. Is it better?

It is better but you still have some work to do. You will know when you learn to do it properly, it feels very different.

chuchodani

Looks great ! But I'm my opinion lean is not enough.

chuchodani

I'm not sure, but I think you can depress a little bit more and that will eliminate your rounding. Take a look at this picture I'm slightly more depressed than you and my upper back is not rounded.

 

11736972_10207084128118505_987407876_n_z

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks for your inputs!

I've re-read the famous Adriano post about Planche leans just now. He doesn't show as much curve in the back as I do so it definitely needs to improve, as you all have already noticed.

@chuchodani interesting point about depression. I've always thought that my depression was enough and that my problem was mainly protraction. Now I see how neglecting one over the other has led me to this wrong form. I'll try to depress more and see if it helps with the rounding! :)

Edoardo Cagnola

A couple of days ago I've posted a PPP form check and I've found out that my PPT wasn't strong enough. As a conseguence I've reevaluated my PPT also on Planche Leans: it wasn't as good as I though!

In the picture there is my planche lean before and after this adjustment. I've found that a stronger PPT, as well as a stronger contraction of my quads,calves and feet, put my butt in a slightly higher position which helps a lot with eliminating the curve in my back. What do you think of my form now with this change?

Thanks for any reply :)

 

post-14515-0-85275200-1437913952_thumb.p

chuchodani

Looks better to me !

Andre737

Form looks good.Now you have to keep that form while increasing the lean.

Alessandro Mainente

you biggest mistake at the beginning was a consequence of tight tibialis. this problem lead to ankle to collapse on the side and the ass moves down. basically in the last photo your heels were together and coupled with more upperbody activation .

basically now you need more lean.

Edoardo Cagnola

Finally! It feels so good to know how the movement should be performed. Now I'll just have to re-learn the motor pattern since my body is so used to the wrong one.

Thanks a lot to all of you, you've been really helpful :)

Edoardo Cagnola

Also very interesting point by Alessandro about the tibialis. I usually do the FS series the day after my F7 workout but this week I did the day before instead. I guess that, plus the increase in overall ankle ROM that I have seen thanks to almost 5 months of the stretch courses, have been helpful! Funny how I'm fixing a problem that I didn't even know I had thanks to great structure of Coach's training system!

Alexander Egebak

Your line is much better now. Rest is details. Now focus on leaning further out while holding your spine in position.