This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Splitting up the series.

Started by Harald Gimse Jr., April 30, 2015 · 7 Replies · 360 Views

Harald Gimse Jr.

Hello

 

I was wondering if splitting up the stretch series is "allowed" ? What i mean by this is that i have no large chunks of time to do the stretch routines besides foundation work (i dont have 30-45minx3 extra each week for stretch) but i do have time if i split them into 15 minute sessions. Like if i do the front split series 15-20 minutes at a time (doing only FS/PE1-PE15 for example the first session and 15-30 the next)

 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Well allowed or not this is what I have been doing lately.     For me,  focusing on working consistently even if I have to break it up a little is more important than worrying about the  *Perfect Workout*.  

Jason Dupree

I bet splitting up into more sections, like ankle, hamstring, etc would be better than splitting up hamstring stretches for instance. So do all the ankle stuff one 15 minute block, all the hamstring stuff the next, all the quad/hip flexor stuff the next. It's not ideal but you still get it done.

dritar

The only problem I can see with that the series first elements build into the later ones as a sort of warmup and opening up of flexibility.

 

For example Front Split does calves and ankle first then builds on to more difficult pike elements and then the front split elements. 

 

Personally I wouldn't do that for Thoracic Bridge Series.

Coach Sommer

Terrible idea.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jason Dupree

Every time someone brings up a topic about wiggle room Coach shoots it down... You'd think we'd get the idea eventually :P

Harald Gimse Jr.

Hehe Yeah, Just have to get time then :-)

Joshua Slocum

To expand on Coach's answer: the elements are roughly in increasing order of intensity. The earlier elements [among other things] serve as a warmup for the later ones. You don't want to try e.g. the thoracic bridge elements without having first gone through the earlier elements to let your back warm up.