This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow strengthening advice

Started by tom040287, April 29, 2015 · 3 Replies · 171 Views

tom040287

|Hi currently on a hiatus from foundation training as my work has got more physically and mentally demanding of late so I have lost some of the motivation to enable me to make good progress.

 

I have just been getting my pull up and dip numbers up and trying to get a muscle up on the rings as I find it less of a commitment and good fun.

 

Anyway to the point; I 'got' my muscleup, still miss more often than not, but I'd like to be able to play around with it with more volume. Currently i stop whenever i start to feel any discomfort in my elbows, so I am looking for a few drills i can add into my daily morning stretch routine to specifically strengthen the elbows.

 

Thanks for reading/commenting

Alan Tseng

Well at the moment, best exercises for elbow at this point in F1 is the sPL series and Table iM's in FL series for straight arm, and HBP/RC exercises for bent arm

Mougli

Man, this is an honest honest advice. Do not rush into a muscle up. I did something similar as you. I was able to do 20 strict pull ups/chinups, 30 dips and started to play with muscle ups. Long story short ... I started filing veery mild pain in my elbows. Stopped, but I guess too late. Maybe the fact that I am working behind a computer worked against me, but after two and a half years I still have pretty big problems with one of the elbows. It just doesn't heal. So, be smart about it and don't push it... Maybe you won't get hurt, but maybe you will ... I think it is not worth the risk ...

tom040287

That's a sobering post mougli, especially as your injury came on from only feeling mild discomfort.

 

I climb for my job too so an elbow injury like that would be a nightmare.