Hello Everyone,
I want to start Foundation One, bought it and the progressions look great, but unfortunately I have preexisting injuries, which prevent me from starting it.
2-3 years ago I didn´t know much about bodyweight training and just immitated exercises I saw on youtube. I did a lot of clapping push ups and elbow levers (Of course bad form). I didn´t warm up, did it multiple times a day, no rest days. Very stupid. My wrists started to hurt (on the flexor side) but I pushed through the pain even, though they hurted pretty badly. It just was fun to do these exercises. What a mistake!
Wall Pushups and Incline Pushups were good and my wrist pain vanished, but I never went past knee pushups. The pain came back. So I did push ups on the fists, which felt better I worked up to close push ups this way.
I also worked with triceps extensions and tiger bend push ups, but these hurted my elbows (the triceps tendon). But I ignored the pain.
I went to a couple of doctors, made x-rays and mri. They couldn´t see anything, except maybe a mild synovitis in the wrists. But the pain was there and I couldn´t even stand up, while pressing myself up with the palm. I can feel the pain in the tendons, so it´s probably chronic tendonitis (tendonosis). The doctors told me I should rest and don´t do any upper body training, even pullups hurted. So I rested, for 5 months now. The pain is still there.
So I followed the advice, Massage of the muscles and light eccentrics/stretching.
I´m also wearing wrist and elbow wraps to keep the tendons warm.
I ´m not sure it´s the right thing to do. At least it doesn´t get worse from it (I think).
My wrist injury happened now more than 2 years ago, but I didn´t rested it consequently back then.
Triceps Injury was not longer than a year ago.
Both weren´t really acute injuries or accidents, they got worse with the time and became chronic.
What should I do for tendon rehab?
I´m not able to do most of the first steps in foundation one, because of these chronic injuries.
Should I rest even more?
Any advice?