This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 FORM CHECK

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), April 28, 2015 · 6 Replies · 96 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Here's my video for HBP/PE2:

 

 

Any comments/tips are most appreciated - thanks!

 

 

Cam

chuchodani

Just some corrections. First, your butt is sticking out , you need to engage that PPT and eliminate that arch, hold a more straight body. Second, I would like to see you do a just a little pause at the top, with arms fully straight in between reps, just like you did at your last rep, it doesn't have to be long, just a little pause.

 

Look at the difference between my butt and yours when doing HBP/PE2

 

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

That's great - thank you!

 

I see what you mean about my butt being raised up.

 

How do I engage PPT? What are the cues for that?

 

Thanks again,

 

Cam

chuchodani
Cameron Williams said:

That's great - thank you!

 

I see what you mean about my butt being raised up.

 

How do I engage PPT? What are the cues for that?

 

Thanks again,

 

Cam

You need to roll you pelvis forward, contract those glutes and abs. Try it by yourself, in a standing position go from a PPT to an APT.

 

248Bfig1.PNG

In these two videos you could see the difference between PPT and APT.

 

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

That's awesome... thanks for your help man! Will work on that today :)

vannybute

You might also want to do with your shirt off. Sometimes the shirt can be loose and make it look like APT but you actually are in PPT. Plus better track of the body cues

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Good call Generic Gymnast - I'll video my next workout with no shirt and butt cheeks clenched :D

 

Will post soon.

 

Thanks guys

 

Cam