This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Most important - *READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!*

Started by NickM, April 28, 2015 · 6 Replies · 420 Views

NickM

I volunteer for "slow learner of 2015".

 

Last week I finished the first prepatory element for manna - tuck ups. For some reason I read the number per set for "mastery" as 60, not 15. My sets had maxed out at 40.

 

Was wondering why my abdominals were a bit sore, so re-read the instructions for that element. Oops.

 

Similarly for rope climb I'd mistaken prep element 3 for prep element 1 (I started back in November 2014!). Went back and did element 1 and re-checked for mastery. Yep, first time :)

 

So read the instructions and watch the videos! Or you might be spending a lot more time than is necessary on an element.

Murray Truelove

o_0

40 tuck ups. This isn't CrossFit!

Mark Collins

It is safe to say you have mastered tuck ups.

NickM
Murray Truelove said:

o_0

40 tuck ups. This isn't CrossFit!

Ouch! That hurt more than the tuck-ups :)

brown.3794

40 tuck ups.... I think I would vomit. I'm trying to work through 4x9 without dying.

Cole Dano

The Finnish National Trampoline Champion used to train at the same time as my adult group.

 

Sets of 40 were part of her 'cool down'

Matt.T
NickM said:

I volunteer for "slow learner of 2015".

 

Last week I finished the first prepatory element for manna - tuck ups. For some reason I read the number per set for "mastery" as 60, not 15. My sets had maxed out at 40.

 

Was wondering why my abdominals were a bit sore, so re-read the instructions for that element. Oops.

 

Similarly for rope climb I'd mistaken prep element 3 for prep element 1 (I started back in November 2014!). Went back and did element 1 and re-checked for mastery. Yep, first time :)

 

So read the instructions and watch the videos! Or you might be spending a lot more time than is necessary on an element.

This is a sign that the Tuck Up master needs to be updated isn't it :)

 

30 rep mastery now ?